Get AT&T Email Server Settings
AT&T is a mailing service that is designed with an easy-to-understand interface. By signing in to your account, you can get your hands on various features such as world-wide news, weather reports, games, chat, and a lot more. However, to enhance your workflow, you at times need a different, easy-to-accessible, and improved interface. Using a different platform helps you to get more options. Hence, AT&T email service offers its users an option to use its mailing service on other email programs. Some of the famous mailing programs are Outlook, Apple Mail, Mailspring, etc. Along with desktop applications, you can also use the service on smartphone applications.
To enjoy the mailing service on a new interface, you must be aware of your email server settings. IMAP and POP are the email settings that help you to set up an email client. These protocols are needed for downloading email messages and to send and receive emails. To get to know more about AT&T email server settings, you must look at the information provided in this article.
AT&T Email Server Settings
If you wish to send or receive emails using your desktop mailing platforms or through mobile applications, you have to use IMAP or POP along with SMTP settings for the incoming and outgoing of the emails. These are the protocols that help you to use your mailing service on a third-party platform. The following are the settings that you must use for setting up your AT&T Account.
IMAP (Internet Messaging Access Protocol)
IMAP is the protocol that facilitates the users to retrieve the messages from the email server. Using this protocol, every modification you do in your email account will get performed in the webmail too. To access your AT&T email account from a third-party email program, you’ll need the following IMAP settings.
- Inbound server: inbound.att.net
- Inbound Server port: 995
- SSL: Yes
- Credentials: Same as AT&T login credentials
POP3 (Post Office Protocol)
POP is another protocol that is generally not recommended to the users. It downloads the email from the server and stores them forever. For using the POP3 protocol, you have to enter the following settings carefully in the third-party mailing platform.
- Inbound server: imap.mail.att.net
- Inbound port: 993
- SSL: Yes
- Credentials: AT&T email address and password
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
This is the protocol that is required for the outgoing of the emails. It provides the router to the message from the source to its final destination. Following are the SMTP settings:
- Outbound server: outbound.att.net (For POP) and smtp.mail.att.net (For IMAP).
- Outbound server port: 465
- SSL: Yes
- Credentials will be the same as your email account.
How to Setup AT&T on a Third-party Mailing Platform?
Outlook is one of the highly used mailing platforms that provides an easy-to-use interface and offers you access to any of your emailing accounts. To set up your AT&T email on Outlook, you have to perform the following process.
- Get your hands-on Outlook application. Click the “Start” menu icon and search for the Outlook and open it.
- Then, click the “File” option from the top-right corner. Following this, click “Add Account”.
- After that, select New> Manually configure settings> Next> Internet E-mail> Next.
- Once you are done with this, you have to type in the name for your account and type a complete email address.
- Next to this, you are required to input the email server settings. Start by selecting the account type from IMAP or POP. Then, enter the input and output mail server of the selected type.
- You will then be asked to complete the login information by providing the username and password.
- Following this, select “More Settings” and fill in all the outgoing server information. Along with this, carefully enter the port settings of your email account. All the settings that you need to invade in the Outlook are provided above.
- After you are done entering all the settings, click “Ok” and then, click “Next”.
- As you do so, Outlook will start verifying the account information that you have provided. Once it validates the information, you will get the confirmation message on your screen.
- You can now conclude the process by clicking “Finish”. As a result, your AT&T account gets successfully linked to Outlook and you can now look into your mails using this third-party platform.